28 Sept 2015

Auchenlodment pupils tell PM all about it

Visiting schools to meet and chat with young people is always rewarding. I love to hear their opinions, ideas and how they view life here in Renfrewshire and Scotland as a country. I find it one of the most valuable and enjoyable aspects of my job so I was delighted to accept an invitation from P6 at Auchenlodment Primary School to visit. The boys and girls have been learning all about the “Send My Friend to School” campaign which is a global programme working to ensure quality education for all children. The hardworking pupils were clearly well informed and presented an incredible power point presentation along with a very imaginative flash dance to help raise awareness. They also had lots of ideas about how to tackle this issue if they were the leaders of the world. The pupils are keen to bring this campaign to the attention of the Prime Minister so I have written to him to highlight their hard work. Some 58 million children worldwide are missing out on school and they need our help. If you’d like to know more about this important campaign you can visit www.sendmyfriend.org.