28 Jan 2015

The Bookbug bus is back

I have always loved reading. As a child it was wonderful to escape into another world where your imagination could take you anywhere you wanted to go. I still love reading today and so do my children and grandchildren. So I am delighted the PlayTalkRead bus is back in Renfrewshire this month to give parents and children the opportunity to join in with BookBug storytelling, rhymes and song sessions. Parents are given the opportunity to learn fun and interactive activities which not only helps to build the child-parent bond but it also helps to develop essential social skills that can make lifelong learning easier. The bus will be rolling into my constituency tomorrow (Thursday 29th January) at the On-X in Linwood from 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 4pm. It’s free to hop on board and children get a free book to take home. If you’d like to know more visit www.renfrewshire.gov.uk.